Monday, August 1, 2011

Mystery Monday: Mystery Couple

Among the hundreds and hundreds of black-and-white negatives and photographs that I have scanned over the years, I found this one.  I have no idea who this couple is, but they definitely are handsome!

Here are some facts that I do know, based on the other photographs in the batch and on visual cues in the photo:Myster Couple - Cropped
  • The photograph was likely taken in Waco, Texas.
  • Either the woman, the man, or both, are likely friends or relatives of the Lester Loyd Edmonds family of Waco.
  • The picture was not taken at any of the family homes that I know of in the city.  There is a chimney (cropped out) that is different.
  • The photograph was likely taken in the early 1940s.
  • The couple does not appear to be married.  No wedding ring.
  • The man is not wearing a belt, but does have a lapel pin.  Can’t tell whether he is wearing a white tie, or no tie at all.

I’m sure there are plenty of cues in the clothing that could more precisely pin down the date.  Comments are welcome.

3 comments:

  1. I played with this photo a bit, and the man is indeed wearing a tie. Also, the tips of his collar are rounded rather than pointed. I think his tie may be square cut at the end, but can't tell for sure. Of course, all this doesn't help in his identification......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to GeneaBloggers! Another thought on this couple is could they be sister and brother?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are a lovely couple. I Hope you are able to ID them.
    Regards,
    Theresa (Tangled Trees)

    ReplyDelete